Intermittent Fasting is great for your body, mind and spirit.
Intermittent Fasting is great for your body, mind and spirit and it will:
- help promote and maintain ketosis
- reduce calorie intake and promote weight loss
- boost testosterone levels, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline
- induce a state conducive for HIIT and muscular workouts (when combined with pre and post exercise foods)
- rest the digestive system
- allow for cleansing and detoxification of the body
- create a break in eating patterns, while shining a spotlight on them
- promote greater mental clarity
- cleanse and heal “stuck” emotional patterns
- lead to a feeling of physical lightness, increasing energy level
- promote an inner stillness, enhancing spiritual connection
The most significant influencing factor for anti-ageing according to scientific research is a restriction in caloric intake – BEST ACHIEVED WITH INTERMITTENT FASTING!
I have changed how I eat, when I eat, how much I eat and what I eat, however, I have also made a lifestyle change and for two days a week since 2013 I have chosen not to eat, and this has possibly been the most interesting aspect of my new Nutritional Logistics Program.
Since January 2013 I have experimimented with various Intermittent Fasting periods and I have learned how my own body copes with different timings. My main timing periods are now:
- Sunday 1800 hours (time of last meal) to Monday 1800 hours (time of next meal).
- Wednesday 1800 hours (time of last meal) to Thursday 1800 hours (time of next meal).
During these times I eat nothing and only drink water.
For most of the time (9 months of the year) I am also Keto adapted and this is significant because I naturally do not experience hunger pains or specific food cravings as I used to when eating a conventional sugar / carb based diet.
I have also experienced how my body, mind and spirit react to work and physical exercise whilst fasting. I have undertaken HIIT and strength training whilst in a fasted state and found it to have benefits rather than be restrictive. I have gained muscle whilst fasting!!!
3 – 4 day fasting periods:
After reading an interesting scientific research paper on the effects of fasting for 3 – 4 days I decided to try it. The evidence showed that it killed off any pre-cancerous cells in the body and also led to a reduction in other age reducing problems.. I have been undertaking 3 – 4 day fasts since March 2017 and have nothing negative to comment about it. I do feel a little hungry in day 3 and 4, but I have also noticed my inner strength becoming stronger and being able to handle it very easily. My energy levels did not drop and I was very focused on mental aspects – I found this interesting as ‘other people have complained of fealing weak and of loosing their concentraion – perhaps this was becasue I was so well keto adapted. Such mental strength appears to be carried on in other aspects of my life and this I feel is more than just a coincidence. If it turns out that undertaking IF for 3 – 4 days every month increases life expectancy by 13 years then I will consider it a good free investment in myself.
The Nutritional Logistics Program combines the new research from science with practical and real life experiences from people who ‘know’ how it positively impacts on their life.
The Nutritional Logistics Program provides detailed insights on Intermittent Fasting. These insights are not written by someone that has simply ‘tried to fast’ and then gives ‘secondary information’, it is written by someone that has lived and breathed IF every week since janary 2013 and undertaken cardiovascular and strength training whilst fasting.